Thursday 22 November 2007

Fertility Matters

It took me two long years to conceive Charlie. After an array of tests the conclusion was that there was no clinical reason why I could not get pregnant. I started on a course of acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine as a last ditch attempt before turning to assisted reproduction and after 4 months I got a positive on a pregnant test! I kept a blog with a record of my experience, not only for myself to look back on but also to hopefully help others going through a similar experience. It was a very dark period in my life at times but Charlie was worth every day that I waited!

http://costaclaire.blog.co.uk

We do have a section for those trying to conceive or facing fertility issues on www.mumsinspain.com. Another site I can highly recommend if you have been trying for a long time or are looking to turn to assisted conception methods is www.fertilityfriends.co.uk, they have a great forum and also quite a few women who are travelling from the UK to receive treatment at various clinics in Spain so plenty of information and experiences to share. I myself have experience of Ceram Clinic in Marbella where I had my fertility investigations www.ceram.es. They have one the highest success rates for IVF in Spain as far as I recall and Ruth Pellow, fertility nurse at the clinic is also a moderator on the Spanish board on Fertility Friends.

No comments: