Friday 14 December 2007

Sleep Baby Sleep

Oh dear, at 14 months of age I am still struggling to keep Charlie sleeping consistently well. We just seem to get back on track and he is ill, or we are away, or he is teething, etc, etc! We were away in the UK in October and he was sleeping in the same room as me, then again on our 2 week vacation this month, and now of course he doesn't want to be in his room! On top of this he is heavily jetlagged and tonight is the first night I have managed to get him to sleep before 2am!!! Sadly it took over an hour of fretful screams and urging from him before he finally called it a night at 11:30pm. I never thought I would find myself in this position! Just goes to show! He is such a happy little chap that many people would not even believe it possible that he could make such a fuss. I have tried everything, controlled crying, pick-up put-down, singing, rocking, favourite toys in the cot, warm room, cool room, night light, darkness! It does make you feel very helpless and inadequate!

www.babywhisperer.com

1 comment:

Jo Blogs said...

I hate to tell you but but I have the same problem now with my 4 year old!!!

She is waking up around 3am and strolling into our room. Or she wakes up at 12pm and comes down stairs saying shes scared.

Its a habit and it needs to be broken asap, but when you are just so tired, you cant...its catch 22.

From my personal experience, it takes around 3 or 4 days being really tough to get my little one back into her own routine. But i dont have the energy to be tough.

The worst thing is secretely we love her being in our bed coudling up...before she wont want to do that!!!

Nueva Andalucia Life